- Principal application is to improve the performance characteristics of cement.
- TQI usually also provides benefit as a Cement Grinding Aid.
- Introduced at higher dosage, usually
between 0.05 and 0.3%.
- Usually higher cost/ton of cement, but provides greater benefits than Cement Grinding Aid.
- TQI are combination of both inorganic and organic chemicals.
- TQI can be formulated to provide specific benefits.
TQI are added during the grinding process in the range of 0.05-0.3% of cement, allows
- To increase grinding efficiency, cement flowability and reduce pack-set.
- To increase strength - Allows addition of hydraulic fillers (SCM’s like flyash, GGBS, etc.,) & non-hydraulic fillers (limestone) at higher ratios while maintaining cement performances.
- To reduce water demand (NC) - Improves the rheology of cement mixes.
- To influence setting time - Facilitates concrete pouring in different climate condition.
- TQI are strong Alite accelerators - Increases early strengths of cement.
- TQI accelerates the hydration of C3A and the formation of ettringite. TQI acts as a chelator for Fe 3+ and Al3+ favoring hydration of silicates.
- TQI accelerates set time and early strength development by increased and properly controlled C3A hydration.
- The interaction between TQI and C4AF also increases strength.
- TQI are adsorbed on the surface of the cement particles, imparts repelling charges to the particles releasing the water normally entrapped by the surrounding cement particles that now can contribute to the fluidity of the mix.
- Superior ”Tailor-made” TQI products are made by combining different chemicals in proper ratios.
Sub - Categories in TQI
- (A). Early Strength Improver – TQI 2000
- (B). Late Strength Improver – TQI 2100
- (C). All age strength Improver – TQI 2200
- (D). Setting Time Modifier – TQI 2300
(both Retardation & Acceleration)
- (E). Water Reducer – TQI 2400
- (F). Special Properties Improver – TQI 2500